Monday, June 6, 2011

6-6-11

Upside/Downside


On the upside, Questar natural gas came out today to *gasp* fix the orchard road that was cracking over the natural gas  pipeline.  I'm sure this was because "their pipe is safely buried at 10 ft. deep".  


All sarcasm aside - it was very nice to see them out there, taking care of a potentially hazardous situation - even if they did not "cause" the situation.  






A good friend assured me this afternoon that the orchard road was dry.  I laughed,
scoffed, made fun of her just a bit (sorry Brooke!) and said goodbye.

Just in time to answer a 2nd phone call from Charles Davenport - telling me that indeed,
the road was dry.  The water had been diverted so the gas company could fill some
of the holes that had developed over the pipeline. 

Marking showing areas that had sunk.




Yet another very clear showing that this water CAN BE TURNED OFF
The pathway that two canal companies have CHOSEN to create
changing property, ruining trees, eroding pipeline.....
CAN be diverted to other places.
Why isn't it?


The downside is - When I went downstairs to take some camping gear to the basement today, 
I noticed all types of cracking in the basement floor.








I took pictures, Christmas 2009 of the road freshly painted.  I have looked at them,
almost with a magnifying glass and don't see this type of cracking.


Hopefully, these cracks have been there, and not noticed,
because there has been no reason to notice them.
I guess I'll add something else to my watch list
figure out how to map them,
measure them,
reassure myself that they are not growing, widening....

Somehow, I feel like there is a monster in my basement!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment